Netflix is one of the most popular streaming services in the world, but it is also one of the toughest. To access it from anywhere outside the US and its territories, you’re going to need the best VPN for it and one of them includes NordVPN.
In this guide, I’ll be showing you how to access Netflix with NordVPN on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. The steps to get started are pretty easy! So keep reading to find out more!
How to Use NordVPN Netflix Servers on Windows or macOS
This guide will show you how to watch Netflix on Windows and macOS, while connected to the NordVPN Netflix servers. The tutorial using both these operating systems is quite similar and doesn’t require too many steps. However, there are two ways to go about it, one is through using the Netflix app or directly heading to the website on a browser.
Through the Netflix App
- Since Netflix is geo-restricted only to the US and a couple of its territories, you’re going to need the best VPN to access it. NordVPN is by far one of the best.
- So, first start by subscribing to the NordVPN service, if you don’t already have an account.
- Download and install NordVPN on your Windows or Mac.
- Once installed, launch the VPN app, and sign in to your account.
- Connect to the best NordVPN Netflix server, or click on the US one if you require the US Netflix library. (We’ve covered all the NordVPN Netflix servers further on.)
- Now, launch the Netflix app, or download it if you need to.
- You’ll automatically be redirected to the US Netflix library, or another one depending on what server you’re connected to.
- You’re done!
Through the Netflix Website
This tutorial works best for Mac computers and can be used on Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari. Start by:
- Subscribing to the NordVPN service if you don’t already have an account.
- Download the NordVPN Chrome extension, sign in to your account, and connect to the best NordVPN Netflix server that’s available. (You’ll be able to check the full list of NordVPN Netflix servers ahead.)
- Once you’re connected, go to Netflix.com.
- Sign in to your Netflix account, by entering in your email and password.
- You should now be able to access the US Netflix library or any other that you prefer, depending on the server you choose.
- That’s all.
How to Watch Netflix With NordVPN on Mobile Devices
Now it’s come to our notice that smartphones are the number one way preferred by users to indulge in a Netflix streaming marathon. It gets a whole lot more convenient when traveling. With that said, you’ll find two tutorials below showing you how to watch Netflix on your mobile device with the help of NordVPN. We’ll be breaking up the tutorial based on Android and iOS smartphones.
How to Watch Netflix with NordVPN on Android
The method to get started isn’t all that different from Windows. Here’s how you can begin:
- If you don’t have a NordVPN subscription, make sure you first start by signing up, by providing your email, password, and payment method.
- Next, you download the NordVPN app on your Android device, from the Google Play Store.
- Install the VPN app, and launch it.
- Sign in to your NordVPN account
- Connect to the best NordVPN Netflix server.
- Next, you download the Netflix app for Android and then sign up for a Netflix account.
- Now, launch the app and sign in.
- You’ll be directed to the Netflix library of the server you’re connected to. For instance, if you connect to the CA server, you’ll have access to the Canadian Netflix library.
How to Watch Netflix with NordVPN on iOS
To watch Netflix on your iOS smartphone using NordVPN, you start by:
- First signing up for a NordVPN account from the website, and create your account.
- Download and install the NordVPN app from the Apple Store.
- Launch NordVPN and sign in to your account.
- Connect to a NordVPN Netflix server.
- Head back to the iOS app store and look for “Netflix.”
- When you find it, hit the “Get” button, and wait for the app to download.
- Now, you’ll see the Netflix icon on your Apple device, click on it to launch the app.
- Sign in to your Netflix account.
- And start streaming!
The NordVPN Netflix Servers – Country Wise
The best thing about accessing Netflix with NordVPN is that this VPN makes things a whole lot easier by pointing out which server unblocking which Netflix library. You’ll find the entire list of NordVPN Netflix servers below:
- Netflix US
According to NordVPN support, to access the US Netflix library, they recommended that you can connect to any of the servers except those in Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Japan, Australia, the Netherlands, India, Brazil, Spain, Portugal, South Korea, and Finland.
- Netflix CA
For accessing Netflix Canada use any CA server. All servers are applicable on the Windows client, but make sure to only use the following for mobile devices, (#283,284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, and 318)
- Netflix DE
Connect to any server in Germany to access the German Netflix library, however, works the best on #71, #90, and #99.
- Netflix UK
For access to Netflix using any server in the United Kingdom. The ones that worked best were #1044, #1064, #1207, #1346, #1417 and #1436.)
- Netflix FR
Any server in France will do, however, we recommend #253, #346, #382, #428, and #512.
- Netflix IT
Connect to servers in Italy, focusing mainly on (#98, and #154)
- Netflix JP
Access the Japanese library using any servers in Japan, or go straight for the best using (#244, #396, #428, and #491.)
- Netflix AU
Connect to any server in Australia.
- Netflix NL
Connect to any server in the Netherlands or particularly the #384 server.
- Netflix ES
Connect to servers in Spain.
- Netflix IN
Access the Indian Netflix library with any server in India.
- Netflix BR
Accessed through any server in Brazil.
- Netflix KR
Connect to a server in South Korea, or mainly using servers #21, #24.
- Netflix FI
Servers in Finland.
Why is NordVPN Recommended for Netflix?
NordVPN, popularly known as a powerhouse in the VPN industry, is also one of the best VPN services for Netflix. This provider packs a punch in top-notch security, fast speeds, and unblocking abilities.
It has never failed to grant access to foreign Netflix libraries but other streaming services as well. During testing, we unblocked Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, HBO, ESPN, DAZN, and the list goes on!
NordVPN makes a great VPN app especially for those who require access to a geo-restricted service like Netflix, from a country with high surveillance/censorship laws.
It takes a strong VPN to make that happen, and NordVPN never fails to succeed. It runs on AES 245-bit encryption and offers multiple protocols like OpenVPN to connect to. That kind of security unit is required for speedy and smooth streaming on Netflix.
Additionally, it offers numerous other advanced features like a Kill Switch to protect your connection after or if the VPN drops. It also includes SmartPlay technology, allowing you to stream right past the toughest blocks. Then there’s the CyberSec feature to sweep away malicious ads.
To make sure your time on a geo-restricted service like Netflix goes unnoticed, the VPN you use needs to shield your data from prying eyes. That’s where the NordVPN no-logs policy comes in.
The company is sworn to protect all user activities and data, never releasing it, even to the authorities. Plus, to make sure of that, NordVPN has been through several audits in the past which allowed it to be part of our verified no-logs VPN services.
It allows up to 6 multi-device connections, so you’ll be able to test NordVPN with Netflix on multiple supported devices like Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, or Firestick.
Speaking of tests, you can try the app for free on smartphones for around 7 days, or dive into its 30-day money-back guarantee.
After putting all our thoughts together regarding why NordVPN is recommended for Netflix, there’s only one thing left to do! And, that is subscribed to NordVPN, download the Netflix app, connect to a NordVPN Netflix server, and start streaming!