New Zealand has its fair share of fantastic TV shows like Creamerie, Wellington Paranormal, The Luminaries, and many more.
But sadly, if you’re outside the Land of the Long White Cloud but want to access Kiwi-exclusive streaming services like TVNZ OnDemand or Sky Go, you’ll need to use a VPN to bypass geo-blocks.
A VPN will connect you to New Zealand servers, allowing you to enjoy New Zealand TV channels in the UK.
But which VPN do The VPN Experts recommend?
Surfshark is our top recommendation. It offers multiple, super fast server locations in NZ. Best of all, it costs just $1.99/mo (Save 86% and get 3 extra months FREE with 24-month plan) and offers a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
In this unblocking guide, we’ll guide you on how to watch New Zealand TV channels in the UK in 2023.
6 Easy Steps to Watch New Zealand TV Channels in the UK in 2023
Looking to enjoy New Zealand TV channels in the UK? Follow these 6 straightforward steps to access geo-restricted content:
- Sign up for Surfshark, a top-tier and budget VPN service.
- Download and install the Surfshark app on your device.
- Open the app and log in with your credentials.
- Connect to a New Zealand server to access any New Zealand TV channel of your choice.
- Create an account on the TV channel’s website (for example, TVNZ).
- Log in to your account and enjoy New Zealand TV channels from the UK.
Remember, it’s essential to choose a reliable VPN like Surfshark, with servers in New Zealand, to ensure fast, secure connections and bypass geographic restrictions, allowing you to enjoy New Zealand TV channels in the UK hassle-free!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Access New Zealand TV Channels in the UK?
Enjoying New Zealand TV channels in the UK can be challenging due to regional restrictions and licensing laws.
For instance, if you attempt to access TVNZ in the UK, you’ll likely encounter an error message like this one:
However, there’s a solution to these hurdles: using a VPN.
With a VPN, you can connect to a New Zealand server, acquiring yourself a Kiwi IP address. This clever trick allows you to access your favorite New Zealand TV channels in the UK as if you were in New Zealand.
It’s important to note that not all VPNs are equally effective at unblocking New Zealand TV channels. To assist you in finding the right VPN for this purpose, I’ve compiled a list of the best VPNs for watching New Zealand TV in the UK. Keep reading to discover the best VPN for streaming.
Quick Overview of the Best VPNs to Stream New Zealand Channels in the UK
- 80+ Mbps /100 Mbps
- 3000+ servers (90+ countries)
- 5.0/5.0 stars
- 8 multi-logins
- 49% Discount
- 3 Months Free
- 75+ Mbps /100 Mbps
- 3200+ servers (100+ countries)
- 5.0/5.0 stars
- Unlimited multi-logins
- 86% Discount
- 3 Months Free
- 70+ Mbps /100 Mbps
- 5,600+ servers (59+ countries)
- 4.5/5.0 stars
- 6 multi-logins
- 54% Discount
- 3 Months Free
3 Best VPN Services to Watch New Zealand Channels in the UK
1. Surfshark – The Best VPN for Watching New Zealand Channels in the UK
First up on the list is Surfshark. It is one of the most affordable VPNs for gaining unrestricted access to New Zealand channels like TVNZ OnDemand, Bravo, Maori Television, and more.
Surfshark may be easy on the wallet, but it boasts an impressive network of 3200+ servers. It even offers plenty of NZ servers. This means you can indulge in Kiwi TV content in the UK without any hassles.
In terms of speed, Surfshark stood out during our testing. With an initial speed of 30 Mbps, it consistently maintained a smooth download rate of 27.10 Mbps.
What’s even better? Surfshark allows you to connect an unlimited number of devices with a single account, making it the top choice for those who like to stream on multiple devices.
It even offers user-friendly apps that are compatible with various platforms, including Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, and more.
And as for the price? It’s just $1.99/mo (Save 86% and get 3 extra months FREE with 24-month plan), and it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For all the finer details, don’t forget to check out our comprehensive Surfshark review.
2. ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN to Unblock New Zealand Channels in the UK
Searching for the quickest way to access NZ TV channels in the UK? Look no further than ExpressVPN – renowned for its top-speed performance.
ExpressVPN boasts an extensive network of over 3000 servers spread across 94 countries, including multiple servers in NZ. This means that even when you’re in the UK, you can effortlessly unlock channels like TVNZ 1, TVNZ 2, Three, Bravo, and more.
What’s even more impressive is that ExpressVPN’s servers provide lightning-fast speeds.
In our tests, ExpressVPN achieved an impressive download speed of 28.25 Mbps on a base connection of 30 Mbps, leaving its competitors in the dust.
In terms of pricing, ExpressVPN offers monthly plans for just $6.67/mo and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. For a more in-depth look at this provider, be sure to delve into our comprehensive ExpressVPN review.
3. NordVPN – Top-tier Security to Access New Zealand Channels in the UK
Last up, we have NordVPN. With a vast network of over 5500 servers worldwide, including hundreds of New Zealand servers, you can count on seamless HD streaming whenever the mood strikes.
NordVPN doesn’t fall short in the speed department either. We put it to the test on a 30 Mbps connection, and it handled a download speed of 25.88 Mbps quite impressively.
It even offers user-friendly apps for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, Firestick, and even your smart TV.
And when it comes to security, you’re in good hands with NordVPN. They provide top-notch encryption and a full range of security features to keep your data protected.
The pricing is also quite appealing, starting at just $4.79/mo (Save 54% and get 3 extra months FREE with 24-month plan). Additionally, you can connect up to 6 devices simultaneously, and they offer a 30-day refund policy in case you have a change of heart.
For more comprehensive insights into this exceptional VPN, be sure to explore our detailed NordVPN review.
How Can You Sign Up For New Zealand Channels in the US?
Since I can’t show you how to sign up for all the different fantastic New Zealand TV channels out there, I’m just going to show you how to create a TVNZ account in the UK.
- Begin by downloading and installing a VPN service such as Surfshark, which costs only $1.99/mo (Save 86% and get 3 extra months FREE with 24-month plan).
- Once you’ve logged into the VPN app, connect to a server located in New Zealand.
- After a successful connection, visit the TVNZ website and locate the “Login” option.
- Click or tap on “Sign Up Now.”
- Provide your email address, password, date of birth, and gender in the provided fields. Be sure to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Check your email inbox and find the verification email from TVNZ. Click or tap on “VERIFY MY EMAIL.”
That’s it! Your new TVNZ account is now created and verified, allowing you to stream any show on TVNZ in the UK.
How Can You Stream New Zealand Channels on Your Devices?
Most New Zealand TV channels offer their own dedicated apps. Let’s take TVNZ, for instance – they’ve got their own app to make enjoying the latest Kiwi shows a breeze.
How to Access New Zealand Channels in the UK on Android Devices?
- Get a reliable VPN like Surfshark and install it on your Android device.
- Open the VPN app, select a New Zealand server from the list, and connect to it.
- On your Android device, open the Google Play app, tap on your profile icon, and go to Settings > General > Account and device preferences > Country and Profiles.
- Choose “New Zealand” from the list of countries.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a payment method for the New Zealand region.
- Once your account region is switched to New Zealand, use the Google Play store’s search bar to find and install the app for your desired New Zealand TV channel on your Android device.
- Sign in to your New Zealand TV channel account, and you’re ready to watch New Zealand content in the UK.
How to Stream New Zealand Channels in the UK on iOS Devices?
- Sign up for Surfshark on your iOS device.
- Open the Surfshark app, navigate to the server list, and select a New Zealand server to connect to.
- Go to your iOS device’s Settings app.
- Tap on your name, then select “Media & Purchases.”
- Click on “View Account” and sign in if necessary.
- Tap on “Country/Region.”
- Select “Change Country or Region.”
- Scroll through the list and choose “New Zealand” as your new country or region. Accept the terms and conditions.
- Tap “Agree” in the top right-hand corner, then confirm by tapping “Agree” again.
- Choose a payment method and provide your new payment information and billing address. Tap “Next” to proceed.
- Once your region is updated, access the Apple App Store.
- Search for the app of your desired New Zealand TV channel, such as TVNZ OnDemand.
- Download and install the New Zealand channel app on your iOS device.
- Sign in to your New Zealand TV channel account, and you’re all set to enjoy New Zealand content in the UK.
How to Watch New Zealand Channels on Firestick?
- Sign up for Surfshark on your Windows device.
- Launch the Surfshark app on your Windows device and choose a New Zealand server from the server list to connect to.
- On your Fire Stick’s home screen, navigate to “Find.”
- Select “Search.”
- Enter the name of the New Zealand channel app you want, such as TVNZ OnDemand, into the search bar.
- From the search results, choose the desired app under “Apps & Games.”
- Depending on what’s displayed on the screen, click either “Get” or “Download.”
- Wait for the app to finish installing and downloading.
- To open the app, either press the menu button on your Fire Stick’s remote control or click “Open.”
How to Unblock New Zealand Channels on Smart TV?
- Download a VPN app that offers servers in New Zealand, such as Surfshark.
- Access your router settings by entering your router’s IP address into your web browser’s search bar.
- Configure your router for VPN use. Some routers, especially models from Asus and other manufacturers, have built-in VPN capabilities. Setting up a VPN connection on such a router typically involves these steps:
- Launch your web browser on a device connected to your network.
- Log in using your router’s credentials (username and password).
- Locate and enable the VPN option in the router’s settings, often found under “Advanced” or “Advanced Configuration.”
- Connect to a New Zealand server using your router’s VPN settings.
- Download the app for the New Zealand streaming service you want to access, such as TVNZ OnDemand, on your Smart TV.
- Sign in or create an account, and you can now enjoy New Zealand content on your Smart TV.
How to Unblock and Watch New Zealand Channels on Roku?
- Subscribe to Surfshark or another reliable VPN service.
- Set up and configure the VPN on your router, connecting to a server located in New Zealand.
- Ensure that your Roku device is connected to the same router running the VPN.
- Install the streaming app or channel you want to watch from New Zealand on your Roku device.
- Search for your favorite shows or movies within the app and start enjoying New Zealand content on your Roku.
- These steps should help you access and enjoy New Zealand TV channels in the UK on various devices.
Best NZ Channels to Watch in the UK
Here’s a list of some top New Zealand TV channels and streaming platforms where you can watch New Zealand TV shows and movies:
- Bravo New Zealand
- Choice TV
- HGTV New Zealand
- Maori TV
- Parliament TV
- Prime Plus 1
- Shine TV
- Te Reo
- The Edge TV
- TVNZ 1
- TVNZ 2
- TVNZ Duke
Upcoming New Zealand Movies and TV Shows to Watch in the UK in 2023
Here’s a list of some upcoming, entirely new New Zealand shows and movies to check out in 2023.
- The Justice of Bunny King
- Coming Home in the Dark
- Jojo Rabbit
- The Weight of Elephants
- Couples Therapy NZ
- Dead Ringers
- I Think You Should Leave With Tim Robinson
- Jury Duty
- Somebody Somewhere
Best New Zealand Shows to Watch in the UK in 2023
- Creamerie (IMDB: 6.8)
- Wellington Paranormal (IMDB: 7.6)
- The Luminaries (IMDB: 6.4)
- Top of the Lake (IMDB: 7.4)
- Outrageous Fortune (IMDB: 8.5)
- Find Me a Maori Bride (IMDB: 8.3)
Best New Zealand Movies to Watch in the UK in 2023
- Goodbye Pork Pie (IMDB: 6.8)
- Utu (IMDB: 6.9)
- Boy (IMDB: 7.5)
- Once Were Warriors (IMDB: 7.9)
- Bad Taste (IMDB: 6.5)
- Sione’s Wedding (IMDB: 6.3)
Top Channels Other Than NZ Channels to Watch in the UK
- Watch Channel 4 outside the UK
- Watch Voot in the UK
- Watch Zee5 in the UK
- Watch SonyLiv in the UK
- Watch Stan in the UK
- Watch Canal Plus in the UK
- Watch Starz Play in the UK
- Watch Sling TV in the UK
- Watch ABC Outside UK
- Watch Disney+ Hotstar in the UK
- Watch all Indian Channels in the UK
Is there a way to watch NZ TV in the UK?
Yes, you can watch New Zealand TV in the UK by using a VPN to virtually change your location to New Zealand, allowing access to NZ TV channels and streaming platforms. The best VPN to use in my opinion is Surfshark.
Can I watch New Zealand TV on Roku?
While Roku itself doesn’t natively support VPNs, you can configure a VPN on your router to grant access to New Zealand TV on your Roku device by changing your IP address to a New Zealand one. For this, I recommend Surfshark.
Why is NZ TV blocked in the UK?
New Zealand TV channels and platforms are geo-blocked in the UK due to licensing and copyright agreements that restrict content to specific regions, ensuring compliance with legal requirements and content distribution agreements. To unblock NZ channels in US, you’ll need a VPN like Surfshark.
New Zealand TV offers a diverse range of content, including movies, captivating dramas, enlightening documentaries, sports, news, and much more.
However, as discussed in this blog, some New Zealand channels may restrict access if you’re not in New Zealand.
But fear not, there’s a solution – a reliable VPN. For hassle-free access to New Zealand TV channels in the UK, we recommend Surfshark.
A VPN serves as your digital passport, allowing you to bypass geographic restrictions and appear as if you’re in New Zealand. This means you can indulge in all your favorite New Zealand TV channels while in the UK, all while keeping your online activities secure and private.