So I get it, you probably want to switch to some other VPN and that’s okay. Even though Hotspot Shield is one heck of an amazing VPN, but if you still want to switch to something else, today’s knowledgebase is perfect for you. Since most people use Hotspot Shield on their Android devices and Windows computers, we’re going to be mainly taking a look at how you can cancel your Hotspot Shield subscription on the Google Playstore and also uninstall it from your Windows computer.
How to Cancel Hotspot Shield Subscription on Google Playstore?
Cancelling your subscription on the Google Playstore is super simple. But if you haven’t cancel subscription on Google Play before, here’s how you can cancel your active Hotspot Shield subscription on the Google Playstore:
If you’re on your mobile device
- Head over to the Google Playstore
- Choose the Hotspot Shield app
- Then from your subscription section, tap on “CANCEL“
- Finally, tap “YES” to confirm that you want to cancel your subscription
If you’re on your computer
- Open up your browser and visit play.google.com
- Now click on “My Subscriptions” located in the left menu of the screen
- Now select the Hotspot Shield app and click/tap on “Cancel subscription“
- After that, just follow the onscreen instructions to quickly cancel your subscription
If you’re unable to cancel your subscription from the Google Playstore for some reason, you can submit a request to Hotspot Shield with your GPA order number along with Google Play email address that you used to purchase Hotspot Shield with.
How to uninstall Hotspot Shield from your Windows computer?
Uninstalling the Hotspot Shield app from your Windows computer is also quite simple. You can basically uninstall it like any other program. Here’s how to remove Hotspot Shield from Windows 10 and 8 through Control Panel:
- To access the Control Panel, simply hit the Windows key and search for Control Panel
- Once in the Control Panel, open up “Programs and Features“
- Now look for the Hotspot Shield app from the list of installed programs and click on “Uninstall/Change“
- Once you do that, you will come across a small window asking if you are experiencing any issues with Hotspot Shield. Simply click on “No Thanks – Just Uninstall“
- Next, when the uninstaller windows pop up, click on “Uninstall“
- Once you do that, wait for the uninstaller to finish uninstalling Hotspot Shield and finally click on “Finish“
That’s it, you can now restart your computer and you should be good to go. This is how easy it is to uninstall and cancel the Hotspot Shield subscription.