So we’ve all hard about Hotspot shield. I mean, after all, it is one of the most popular VPNs services to date. It has not only won numerous awards, but it is also one of the highest recommended VPNs around. And with the newly launched free and paid Chrome extensions, it has become even more popular.
In fact, Hotspot Shield Chrome extension has 2 million+ downloads and a 4.4-star rating on Chrome Web Store. So, if you’re interested in this VPN, today’s knowledge base is perfect for you. We’re going to look at how to get started with Hotspot Shield Google Chrome extensions, how to connect to one of its servers and also, how to enable its premium features.
How to Get Started with Hotspot Shield for Chrome?
First thing first, you’re going to want to download Hotspot Shield for Chrome. If you haven’t played around with extensions before, here’s what you need to do:
1. Head over to the Chrome Web Store to find Hotspot Shield
2. Next, click on the blue button that says “Add to Chrome” to add Hotspot Shield to Chrome
3. After that, when a small popup window shows up, click on “Add extension”
4. Once installed, a small Hotspot Shield icon will appear in the upper right of your browser
5. Now, you can click on the Hotspot Shield icon to go through the onboarding tutorial to get started
How to connect to HotSpot shield VPN using Chrome extension?
So now that you’ve download Hotspot Shield for Chrome, it’s time to connect to one of its many servers. To do that, just follow the steps below:
1. Launch the Hotspot Shield extension by click on its icon located at the top-right of your Chrome browser
2. Next, click the Hotspot Shield Connection Icon in the middle of the screen to connect
3. If you wish to disconnect, simply click on the same connection icon that should now say “Stop”
How to enable HotSpot shield Premium features on Google Chrome Extension?
So now to you know to get started and actually use the free version of Hotspot Shield, let’s check out how you can enable its premium features if you’re interested:
1. Start by launching the Hotspot Shield Chrome extension from the top right corner as before
2. Next, click on the hamburger icon located at the top left of the extension to access “My Account”
3. After that, type in the email and password that you used when creating your premium account to Sign in
4. If you have a premium account and typed in the right credentials, you should see Hotspot Shield Premium or Elite at the top of your extension