If you’re having trouble launching the ExpressVPN app and seeing errors like “Engine Unavailable”, “Unable to Start Service” or “Service Unreachable”, then this knowledge base is perfect for you. Today, I’m going to show you a simple troubleshooting process to start the ExpressVPN app as normal.
Download the latest version of ExpressVPN
To first most obvious option you can try is to get the latest version of ExpressVPN. You can simply download a fresh app for your device and you should be good to go. Here’s how to download the latest version of ExpressVPN:
- Quit the ExpressVPN app if it’s already running in the background.
- Uninstall the ExpressVPN from your device like you would any other app.
- Download, install and set up your new ExpressVPN app.
Here are some setup instructions for different operating systems:
- ExpressVPN Setup instructions for Windows
- ExpressVPN Setup instructions for Mac
- ExpressVPN Setup instructions for Linux
- ExpressVPN Setup instructions for iOS
- ExpressVPN Setup instructions for Android
Try other troubleshooting steps
If the above-mentioned process didn’t work for you, you can check out a few more troubleshooting guides for some other devices below:
Still not convinced with the process? Check out our review of popular VPN services.