If you’ve just gotten ExpressVPN or perhaps using it after a long time and you have no clue what an activation code is, this knowledge-base is perfect for you. Today, I’m going to tell you where to find your ExpressVPN activation code and when you’ll need it if you’re new, along with simple instructions for users with expired activation codes.
How to find your ExpressVPN activation code?
If you’ve just gotten ExpressVPN, follow the steps below to find your ExpressVPN activation code.
1. First things first, you’ll need to sign in to your ExpressVPN account.
2. Next look for the activation code on your dashboard under set up your devices and click on the copy icon to copy it to your clipboard.
That’s it, that’s how easy it is to find your activation code. Now we’ll see when you’ll need to use your activation code.
When will you need to use your activation code?
So now that you know how to find your ExpressVPN activation code, let’s talk about when you’ll actually need to use this code. Here are some use cases:
- When installing the ExpressVPN app on to a new device
- If you’ve signed out of the ExpressVPN app on your device
- If you’ve uninstalled the ExpressVPN app on your device and are reinstalling it again
- If your existing ExpressVPN activation code has expired
My activation code has expired, what should I do?
So if you see an error message like this when entering your activation code:
This activation code has either expired or is incorrect. Please log in to our website to get your correct activation code and try again.
Chances are that you’re either just entering it incorrectly, or it has actually expired. To verify that your activation code hasn’t expired, simply copy your activation code rather than manually typing it in. You can also sign in to your ExpressVPN account and view your subscription details to confirm if your account is still valid.
Furthermore, in case you’ve confirmed that your activation code has not expired and is typed correctly, you can contact ExpressVPN live chat for proper assistance.