CyberGhost is without a doubt, a well-made VPN service. It’s mostly renowned for its fast speeds, however, its torrenting capabilities are unlike any other. Based in Romania, CyberGhost offers some of the best features geared specifically toward torrenting and P2P that no other VPN in the industry is offering at the moment.
Unlike other VPNs that only offer a few P2P compatible servers, CyberGhost offers thousand of P2P-optimized servers. Not only that, It is the cheapest VPN and offers Leak Protection, 256-bit AES encryption, No Activity Logs, Malware/Ad-Blocking, and much more. You can also check out our detailed guide of CyberGhost VPN review.
But I’m sure you know how good CyberGhost is. For this knowledge base, we’re going to look at how you can download torrents with CyberGhost and also, what to do if you’re getting the no server available error. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
How to torrent anonymously with CyberGhost for Windows?
Torrenting anonymously with CyberGhost is easy. You can start by launching the CyberGhost Windows app and use the ‘CyberGhost Torrent Anonymously‘ profile. After that, you can tweak around with some setting and either block tracking or add your torrent client to the launch option.
Once you’re done with that, you can either choose servers automatically or manually. If you’re going t0 manually choose servers for torrenting, do keep in mind that some countries don’t permit torrenting. If you choose a VPN server from a country that prohibits torrenting, your torrent client will not function.
An easy way to identify servers that don’t support torrenting is to look for an exclamation mark. To choose the best servers optimized for CyberGhost torrent, follow the steps below:
1. Launch the CyberGhost Windows app and click on the yellow tab at the left, below the connect button to expand the user interface
2. Once you do that, you should see a bunch of options to choose servers. Ideally for torrenting, click on the “For torrenting” tab on the left
3. Once you do that, you should see a list of servers optimized for torrenting. Pick a server that shows the least distance before you pair CyberGhost BitTorrent for the best performance
What to do, if you can’t connect to CyberGhost: CyberGhost no server available error
So sometimes, no matter what you do, you just won’t be able to connect to CyberGhost. Even though everything seems to be working just fine, you still won’t be able to connect to CyberGhost servers. But once disconnected, everything starts to work just fine. In this case, here’s a couple of things you can do. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Check system date & time
- Delete or re-install CyberGhost app
- Resolve network issues
- Delete Malwarebytes 2 & CyberGhost
- Fix third-party drivers
- Servers and port blocking
- Check your Firewall or anti-virus software
1. Check system date & time
This is a pretty common issue. If your system date and time are not set correctly, this can reject the SSL certificates for the current CyberGhost app that you might be running. This, in turn, results in a failed connection. Fixing your date and time can easily fix the CyberGhost VPN connection failed error.
2. Delete or re-install CyberGhost app
Sometimes, due to simple operating system glitches, your CyberGhost app might not be able to work properly. To fix this issue, you can try deleting and reinstalling the CyberGhost app. Hopefully, this should fix any connectivity issues.
3. Resolve network issues
If you’re unable to connect to CyberGhost, it could be because of other Network tools installed on your device. For instance, you can try momentarily deleting tools like Nvidia’s Network Access Manager and other such tools that might be blocking CyberGhost.
4. Delete Malwarebytes 2 & CyberGhost
This might sound weird, but if you have both CyberGhost and Malwarebytes 2 installed on your computer, this might cause incompatibility problems. To fix this issue, you should delete both CyberGhost and Malwarebytes 2 and then reinstall only the CyberGhost app to see if it fixes the issue. If everything seems to work fine, try reinstalling the Malwarebytes 2 if you like.
5. Fix third-party drivers
If you have multiple VPN programs installed on your computer, then the adapters used by these programs might interfere with each other. If the TAP-Windows V9 network adapter doesn’t work properly, you can try and do the following:
- Open up Windows Device Manager and double-click on ‘Network adapters‘
- Next, disable the TAP adapter of the other VPNs
- If disabling the other TAP adapters doesn’t work, you’ll have to delete them and re-install CyberGhost.
6. Servers and port blocking
So a pretty common issue that can prevent you from connecting to CyberGhost, is server unavailability. If you are having connectivity issues, it could be because of temporary server downtime for maintenance. You can try switching to another server or wait till the server becomes available once again.
But if you’re not experiencing server downtimes, then your country’s government or ISP might be blocking CyberGhost ports. To fix port-related issues, follow these steps:
- Enable ‘Force CyberGhost DNS server’ from the program settings
- If you’re using UDP on port 443, try switching to TCP protocol from the connection settings or try the Random port option to hopefully resolve CyberGhost problem connecting to the server
7. Check your Firewall or anti-virus software
So another common issue that can cause connectivity issues with CyberGhost, has to do with your Firewall or Antivirus software. For Antivirus software, you’ll need to add CyberGhost to the list of trusted applications. For Firewalls, on the other hand, you’ll have to deactivate it or make adjustments in order to prevent it from blocking the TAP-Win32 Adapter associated with CyberGhost. First, we’ll look at how you can disable your Firewall on a Windows computer.
- Open up Control Panel on your computer
- Then select the System and Security link and choose Windows Firewall
- Now select Turn Windows Firewall on or off
- Finally, click on OK to save the changes
In order to make prevent your Firewall from blocking CyberGhost, follow these instead:
- Open Windows Defender Security Center and head over to Virus & Threat protection settings
- Now select Exclusions to prevent your Firewall from blocking CyberGhost
- To do that, simply add an exclusion for CyberGhost and you’ll be good to go
Leave a Reply