One thing that sets CyberGhost apart from pretty much any other VPN on the market right now, is its 45-day money-back guarantee. In comparison, other top tier VPNs like NordVPN or ExpressVPN only offer a 30-day money-back guarantee which has become industry standard nowadays.
With such an extensive money-back guarantee, CyberGhost gives its users the ultimate freedom to test out the service. In case you’re interested in checking CyberGhost out, you can test out the service freely for over a month and still claim a full refund thanks to the 45-day refund policy.
How to Claim Refund within CyberGhost 45 days money-back guarantee?
Claiming a CyberGhost refund is super simple to do. For demonstration purposes, I purchased the 3-year plan which comes with a 45 days money-back guarantee. Now that that’s out of the way, follow the steps below to get refunded:
First things first, you’ll need to make sure that the Auto-renewal feature is turned off. This will ensure that you don’t accidentally get charged in case you exceed the 45-day refund period.
1. To cancel your CyberGhost subscription, head over to the CyberGhost website and click on “My Account” button
2. Now enter your username and password and log in
3. Once you’re logged in, you can now terminate your subscription by scrolling down to“My Subscriptions” from within the account page and then click on “Turn auto-renewal off”
4. Now that your subscription is canceled, its time to claim a refund. To get a refund, you can use CyberGhost’s live chat option.
5. Simply provide a reason for cancellation and you should have your money refunded within 5-10 days. In my case, I got a full refund within 3-days.
6. Finally, once the chat representative acknowledges your refund request, you will receive a confirmation email of your refund request.
And that’s about it. That’s how seamless and hasslefree the CyberGhost refund process is. Hopefully, you found this guide helpful. Do let me know in the comments what else I should cover.