Travelling in India and want to access Sling TV on the go?
Or are you a fan of classic shows like Yellowstone, The Peripheral, or Interview with the Vampire and want to watch them from anywhere in the world?
Unfortunately, Sling TV is region-locked, so if you travel abroad for business or pleasure, you won’t be able to access your preferred content on the service. In fact, Sling TV’s strict geo-blocking prevents users outside of the US from even accessing the website.
If you try to access Sling TV from outside the United States, you’ll get this error message on your screen:
SLING TV IS ONLY AVAILABLE INSIDE THE US.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.”
Fortunately, there is a solution to this issue. In this article, I’ll show you how to use a VPN to unblock Sling TV in India.
I only recommend using ExpressVPN. With over 29 ExpressVPN server locations in North America, it provides the best streaming experience for just $6.67/mo (Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan) (Get 3 extra months free with a 12-month subscription) and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you’ve already purchased a VPN, preferably ExpressVPN, let’s get started.
How to Watch Sling TV in India (Easy Steps)
If you want to watch Sling TV outside the United States, you’ll need to use a VPN that will allow you to unblock geo-restricted content from anywhere in the world. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Sign up for a VPN service. I recommend Surfshark.
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Open the app and sign in with your credentials.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Go to the Sling TV website and create an account.
- Login to your account
- Start streaming Sling TV shows and movies in India.
Keep in mind that not all VPNs are created equal, so make sure to choose one that offers fast speeds and reliable connections.
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch Sling TV in India?
Suppose you’re an American expat living abroad, or perhaps you’re just on vacation somewhere other than the United States and want to catch up on some American television. The issue is that when you try to access Sling TV, an error stating that the program is unavailable in your area appears.
If you try to access Sling TV from somewhere else other than the US, you’ll be met with an error message because it’s only available in the United States.
Sling TV is not available outside of the United States due to content rights and distribution issues.
You can get past these restrictions by using a VPN. When you connect to a VPN server in the US, it will appear as though you are using internet access from that country. As a result, you can stream world cup live online and your favourite TV series and movies without any restrictions when Sling TV is unlocked.
Additionally, a VPN will encrypt your internet traffic to protect your data from snoopers and keep it private. I’d personally recommend using ExpressVPN. It costs just $6.67/mo (Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan).
Quick Overview of Best VPN Services That Unblock Sling TV in India
Unsure about which VPN to select? These are the top VPNs for unblocking Sling TV outside of the US based on the number of servers offered, speeds, unblocking performance, and much more:
Surfshark: A fantastic low-cost choice that nevertheless provides adequate speed for HD-quality Sling TV streaming. If you’re not particularly technical, it’s a fantastic option because it’s also simple to use. It even offers infinite simultaneous connections.
ExpressVPN: Most popular VPN provider on the market, and it’s easy to see why. The service offers fast speeds, strong security protocols, and a wide range of servers to choose from – 3000, to be exact.
NordVPN: Due to its combination of speed and extensive server network, it’s another fantastic option for unblocking Sling TV in India. It offers 5200+ lightning-fast servers spread across 59 countries, which makes accessing blocked content super easy.
Best VPNs to Unblock Sling TV in India
1. Surfshark – The Best VPN to Unblock Sling TV in India
The most affordable VPN to view Sling TV premium channels in India is Surfshark. But despite being inexpensive, it is speedy and equipped with premium features. In addition to having numerous server sites in India, it offers more than 3200 servers spread over 65 countries around the globe.
The platform was quickly unblocked when I connected to Surfshark’s Ashburn server, and I was able to easily access all the Sling TV programming.
Surfshark’s servers are super fast. Speeds are sufficient for streaming 1080p content without any noticeable glitches or quality degradation.
On a 100 Mbps connection, Surfshark produced download speeds of around 79.11 Mbps and upload rates of approximately 75.16 Mbps during testing.
Surfshark also offers great apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Fire Stick, and additional platforms, just like ExpressVPN. It even offers browser extensions for Firefox and Chrome, which I find quite handy.
Even better, Surfshark offers 24/7 email and live chat service. Advanced features, including an ad blocker, a kill switch, and a no-logs policy are also included. All of this will assist in protecting the privacy of your sensitive data.
In terms of cost, Surfshark is more affordable than any other VPN on the market. It costs just $1.99/mo (Save 86% and get 3 extra months FREE with 24-month plan) for a limited time only. The most notable feature of Surfshark is its full 30-day refund policy. In addition, it supports unlimited multi-logins per account, making it the best VPN for multiple devices.
To learn more about this provider, read our detailed Surfshark review.
2. ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN to WatchSling TV in India
Because of its blazing-fast servers and unblocking features, ExpressVPN is the most highly recommended VPN for viewing Sling TV in India. It offers 3000+ servers in 94+ countries access the world. It even offers 25+ server locations just in the US.
Its various servers are capable of handling HD or even 4K video streaming without any observable latency, stuttering, or buffering.
Over a 100 Mbps connection, it achieved download speeds of 85.82 Mbps and upload speeds of 79.13 Mbps in my tests.
ExpressVPN even has a MediaStreamer feature that enables you to unblock geo-restricted content without encryption for smooth streaming. Needless to say, ExpressVPN is the best VPN for streaming Netflix, Disney Plus, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, ABC, and other streaming platforms.
Because it consistently offers top-notch live chat and emails customer care, ExpressVPN is a top VPN on this list. Even its easy-to-use apps are straightforward enough for a beginner to operate without any issues.
Speaking of user-friendly apps, routers, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux users can access ExpressVPN through these apps. There are also browser extensions for Firefox and Chrome.
Regarding price, ExpessVPN costs only $6.67/mo (Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan) for a limited time period only! I particularly like that ExpressVPN offers 5 simultaneous connections and a 30-day refund policy.
What’s even more impressive is the fact that if you’re an iOS or Android user, you can also get a lengthy 7-day ExpressVPN free trial.
To learn more about this provider, read our detailed ExpressVPN review.
3. NordVPN – Offers Top-notch Security for Streaming Sling TV in India
For those who wish to stream Sling TV, NordVPN is a great choice because it has more than 5585 blazing-fast servers located throughout 59 nations. Given that Sling TV is situated in the US and that 1,700 of these servers are there, NordVPN is the best option for watching from other countries.
Moreover, this VPN is swift. During testing, it achieved download speeds of 76.18 Mbps and upload speeds of 69.82 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
It’s also worth mentioning that NordVPN has excellent apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Android TV. It even offers browser add-ons for Firefox and Chrome just like ExpressVPN and Surfshark.
The NordVPN apps are easy to use, and finding a server is super easy. Your data is additionally shielded from prying eyes by 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, and a kill switch, to name a few other security features.
This VPN is one of the most affordable VPNs available because it allows you to connect up to 6 devices at the same time. Another feature I like about NordVPN is that it provides live chat support that is available 24/7.
When it comes to pricing, NordVPN has a 2-year plan for just $4.79/mo (Save 54% and get 3 extra months FREE with 24-month plan). Naturally, it also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
To learn more about this provider, read our detailed NordVPN review.
How Can You Sign Up for Sling TV in India?
To sign up for Sling TV in India, you just need a VPN. I personally recommend using Surfshark. It costs just $1.99/mo (Save 86% and get 3 extra months FREE with 24-month plan).
Follow these simple steps to get started:
1. Get yourself Surfshark – $1.99/mo.
2. Connect to a US server.
3. Visit the Sling TV website and click/tap on the “TRY US TODAY” button.
4. Provide an Email address and Password and hit “Continue”.
5. Next, pick a plan that suits your needs. You can pick the Sling Orange plan which is the cheapest.
6. Once you’ve selected a plan, select the “Check out” option.
7. If you don’t have a US credit card, you can pay through PayPal or Amazon Pay. I choose PayPal because I find it more convenient.
8. Finally, log in to PayPal and make the purchase.
That’s it; you’ve just successfully registered for Sling TV in India.
Which Devices Are Compatible With Sling TV?
A wide range of devices, including well-known ones like the Amazon Fire TV, Android, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, VIZIO Smart TV, iPhone, iPad, and Xbox, are compatible with Sling TV. However, Xbox 360, Nintendo, and Apple TVs built before 2015, PlayStation 3 or 4, and PlayStation 4 are not compatible with Sling TV.
How Can You Watch Sling TV in India on Your Devices (iOS, Android & Smart TV)?
To learn how to watch Sling TV on iOS, Android, and Smart TVs, keep reading.
How Can You Watch Sling TV on iOS?
If you’re not a US resident and still wish to download the Sling TV app, just follow the steps below:
- Sign up for Surfshark on your iOS device.
- Head to the VPN server’s list and choose a US server to connect to.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap on your name, then tap on Media & Purchases.
- Next, tap on View Account. At this point, you may be asked to sign in to your account.
- Next, tap on the Country/Region.
- Tap on the Change Country or Region option.
- Scroll and choose the United States as your new country or region and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Tap on Agree option located in the top right-hand corner and then tap on Agree again to confirm.
- Finally, select a payment method and enter your new payment information and billing address. After that, tap Next.
- Once your region is changed, visit the Apple App Store and search for the Sling TV app.
- Download and install the Sling TV app on your iOS device and start watching Sling TV in India.
How Can You Watch Sling TV on Android?
- Sign up for a reliable VPN, Surfshark, on your Android device.
- Head to the VPN server’s list and choose a US server to connect to.
- On your Android device, open the Google Play app.
- Tap on the profile icon.
- Tap on Settings > General > Account and device preferences > Country and Profiles.
- Tap on the United States from the list.
- Follow the instructions you see on your screen to add a payment method for that country.
- Once your account region is changed, search for the Sling TV app in the search bar and install it on your Android device.
- Sign in to your Sling TV account and watch any content in India.
How Can You Watch Sling TV on Smart TV?
The Sling TV app comes preloaded on compatible Samsung smart TV models, so you can start viewing Sling right immediately.
- Press the Home button on your remote after making sure your TV is online.
- To find the Sling TV app icon, click on Apps and then My Apps.
- Next, all you have to do to start viewing is click the app icon and log in.
Go back to the Apps menu and type “Sling TV” into the search field if it isn’t already preloaded. Launch the app and log in to your Sling account to start watching after clicking Download next to the Sling TV icon and waiting for the installation to complete.
Popular Channels List of Sling TV
Here’s a list of some of the top channels you can watch on Sling TV:
- Fox Business
- NDTV 24×7
- France 24
- Science Channel
Best Content to Watch on Sling TV in India
If you’re looking for something new to watch, consider one of these excellent options available on Sling TV. Whatever your taste, you’re sure to find something to watch on Sling.
New Releases to Watch on Sling TV in India
- What We Do in the Shadows
- The Goonies
- Impractical Jokers
- Delicious Destinations
- Modern Family
- Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse
Top-Rated Sling TV Movies to Watch in India
- Beetlejuice (1988) (IMDB: 7.5)
- Now You See Me (2013) (IMDB: 7.2)
- Pulp Fiction (1994) (IMDB: 8.9)
- Once Upon A Time in the West (1968) (IMDB: 8.5)
- Casino (1995) (IMDB: 8.2)
- Creed (2015) (IMDB: 7.6)
Top-Rated Sling TV Shows to Watch in India
- The Office (IMDB: 9.0)
- Better Call Saul (IMDB: 8.8)
- Doctor Who (IMDB: 8.6)
- Brooklyn nine-nine (IMDB: 8.4)
- Accused: Guilty or Innocent? (IMDB: 8.1)
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S (IMDB: 8.9)
Sling TV in India FAQs
How to pay for Sling TV in India?
To pay for Sling TV, you can either use a US credit card, PayPal, or Amazon Pay. If you don’t have a US credit card, PayPal and Amazon would be the best options to go for.
Is it legal to watch Sling TV with VPN?
While it may not always be against Sling TV’s terms of service to use a VPN to stream content, doing so outside the country where you purchased your subscription is against licensing agreements. Always read the terms of service before using a VPN. I don’t encourage or condone breaking the law by using VPN services.
Does Sling TV work with VPN?
Although Sling TV does not specifically forbid the use of VPNs, it is conceivable that they may identify and prevent efforts to access their content over a VPN. It is therefore advised to use a trustworthy VPN service like Surfshark that provides strong encryption and a dependable connection.
Can I watch Sling TV with a free VPN?
Even though there are many free VPN options available, not all of them will grant access to Sling TV from locations other than the India. Free VPNs offer fewer servers and more connection failures. Because of this, you should not use them.
What should I do if my VPN doesn’t work with Sling TV?
If you’re having trouble connecting to Sling TV with your VPN, there are a few things you can try. First, check to make sure that your VPN is up to date. If it’s not, update it and try again. If that doesn’t work, try connecting to a different server. If you’re still having trouble, contact your VPN provider and ask for help. They may be able to give you specific instructions for getting Sling TV to work with your VPN.
Top Channels Other Than Sling TV to Watch Outside/in India
We have covered some best channels that you can stream in India:
- How to Watch Channel 4 in India
- How to Watch Zee5 Outside India
- How to Watch SonyLiv Outside India
- How to Watch Voot Outside India
- How to Watch Disney+ Hotstar Outside India
- How to Watch Stan in India
- How to Watch Canal Plus in India
- How to Watch Sling tv in India
- How to Watch ABC in India
- How to Watch Sky Go in India
- How to Watch All Indian Channels Outside India
You can watch top channels that are geo-blocked anywhere in the world easily with a VPN.
This wraps up my detailed guide on how to watch Sling TV in India. Hope you guys found it useful.
You can use a VPN to unblock Sling TV outside the US. A VPN will let you pretend to be in the US so that you can watch all of your favorite shows on Sling TV. You just need to connect to a server in the US, and then you’ll be able to stream all your favorite shows from anywhere in the world.
If you want to try this out for yourself, I recommend Surfshark. It’s fast and easy to use, and it has servers all around the world. If you sign up for a 12-month subscription, you can get 3 more months for free for a limited time period only!
So hurry up!