After you have set up a VPN on your Mac Operating system and you are using it to have various benefits, you still might not be aware of how to turn off VPN on your Mac.
Don’t stress! Because in this article, we will teach you different methods of how to turn off VPN on MAC devices.
There are basically three ways by which you can turn off VPN on Mac in minimum time. These procedures are:
Turn Off VPN on Mac Through the Application:
The first method is to deactivate the VPN from its application by following these steps:
- Open the VPN app.
- Select disconnect.
- Please note that many apps use the word disconnect, but you may also see some apps that use different terms such as stop, turn, or off.
Turn Off VPN on Mac Through Configurations Box:
If you have configured your VPN via an Operating system and not an app, then you can turn it off through the configurations window by following these steps:
- Select the Apple icon in the top left of the desktop.
- Select System Preferences and Network.
- From the left panel of the network window, select the VPN connection.
- Select Disconnect.
Turn Off VPN on Mac From Menu Bar
This is the quickest and most straightforward way to turn off VPN in Mac operating system. You just have to follow these two steps:
- Turn the ‘Show VPN status’ in your menu bar on.
- Turn the ‘VPN connection’ from the menu bar off.
How to see the VPN configuration set up on macOS
You can set up the VPN configurations by your own self on your mac operating system, or they can be created by your VPN apps. Either way, you can see all your VPN configurations, manual or automatic, by following these steps:
- Switch on your Mac, open the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences and then click Network.
- You will see a window like this
- In this window, you can see all the VPN network configuration settings in the left panel. The lock icon indicates the VPN profiles.
- If you want to see the properties of any individual VPN configurations, you can simply select the respective VPN configuration.
- The VPN Application text box indicates the name of the application that created that particular VPN profile.
For any further information, please feel free to reach out to us.