After you have set up a VPN on your Mac Operating system and you are using it to have various benefits, you still might not be aware of how to turn off VPN on your Mac.
Don’t stress! Because in this article, we will teach you different methods of how to turn off VPN on MAC devices.
There are basically three ways by which you can turn off VPN on Mac in minimum time. These procedures are:
- Turn Off VPN on Mac Through the Application
- Turn Off VPN on Mac Through Configurations Box
- Turn Off VPN on Mac From Menu Bar
1. Turn Off VPN on Mac Through the Application:
The first method is to deactivate the VPN from its application by following these steps:
- Open the VPN app.
- Select disconnect.
- Please note that many apps use the word disconnect, but you may also see some apps that use different terms such as stop, turn, or off.
2. Turn Off VPN on Mac Through Configurations Box:
If you have configured your VPN via an Operating system and not an app, then you can turn it off through the configurations window by following these steps:
- Select the Apple icon in the top left of the desktop.
- Select System Preferences and Network.
- From the left panel of the network window, select the VPN connection.
- Select Disconnect.
3. Turn Off VPN on Mac From Menu Bar
This is the quickest and most straightforward way to turn off VPN in Mac operating system. You just have to follow these two steps:
- Turn the ‘Show VPN status’ in your menu bar on.
- Turn the ‘VPN connection’ from the menu bar off.
How to see the VPN configuration set up on macOS
You can set up the VPN configurations by your own self on your mac operating system, or they can be created by your VPN apps. Either way, you can see all your VPN configurations, manual or automatic, by following these steps:
- Switch on your Mac, open the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences and then click Network.
- You will see a window like this
- In this window, you can see all the VPN network configuration settings in the left panel. The lock icon indicates the VPN profiles.
- If you want to see the properties of any individual VPN configurations, you can simply select the respective VPN configuration.
- The VPN Application text box indicates the name of the application that created that particular VPN profile.
For any further information, please feel free to reach out to us.
Which VPNs Do We Recommend?
Here are the best VPNs that we recommend. These VPNs are super secure and also affordable.
- ExpressVPN – Overall best VPN. Comes with 3000+ servers in 94 countries that offer powerful security and support both torrenting, and streaming. Offers features such as AES 256-bit encryption, kill switch, no-logs, and DNS leak protection. Can easily unblock Disney Plus, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and more. Can be used on 5 devices simultaneously. Fast enough to offer speeds of up to 40.43 Mbps (50 Mbps standard connection). Comes with a free smart DNS – MediaStreamer feature. One of the best VPNs for Nvidia shield, Xbox One, Firestick, Android, macOS, iOS, etc. Costs just $6.67/mo and comes with a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark – Most Affordable VPN. Starts from just $2.30/mo (Save 82% and get 2 extra months FREE with 24-month plan). Offers 3200+ servers in 65 countries. Can easily unblock streaming services like Netflix US and Hulu with ease. Tested to offer speeds of up to 47.83 Mbps (50 Mbps standard connection). The most recommended VPN by Redditors. Supports unlimited simultaneous connections and also offers a full 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN – Most Secure VPN. Comes with powerful security features such as Nordlynx, AES 256-bit encryption, kill switch, CyberSec, and obfuscated servers. Offers an audited strict no-logging policy. Offers 5200+ servers in 59+ countries. One of the most secure VPNs for businesses. Capable of unblocking all geo-restricted websites. Fast enough to offer speeds of up to 36.43 Mbps (50 Mbps standard connection). Costs just $5.29/mo, supports 6 multi-logins, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost – Easy to Use VPN. Incredibly intuitive to use on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and more. Comes with a massive 7700+ server network in 90+ countries. Easily cable of delivering fast speeds of up to 46.13 Mbps (50 Mbps standard connection). Costs just $2.29/mo, offers 7 multi-logins per subscription, and offers an extensive 45-day money-back guarantee.