In order to check whether your VPN app is working properly or not, you’ll need to run a couple of tests. Don’t worry it’s super simple and only takes a couple of minutes. Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by noting down your IP address without connecting to the VPN server. You can do that by simply typing “what is my IP” on Google. Once you have your IP address, note it down somewhere so you don’t miss it.
- Next, connect to the VPN server and check your IP address once again. This time you should see a different IP address than the one you already noted down. If that’s the case, your VPN is working properly.
- You can also go the extra mile and run DNS leak tests as well.
- If your VPN is not functioning properly, all of your DNS requests will be handled by your ISP. Your internet service provider will be able to see exactly what websites you’re visiting.
- To run a DNS leak test, simply head over to dnsleak.com and run the standard test. Once the test completes, the results should not show the name of your internet service provider.
If everything checks out, your VPN is working properly and you should have nothing to worry about.