For most, the intended purpose to use a VPN is to access blocked sites or content.
The devices which we use, communicate among themselves using an IPv4 address on the internet. However, IPv4 is now getting outdated and IPv6 is the new replacement. Each device connected requires a unique IP address to communicate with other devices online.
How does an IPv4 address look like?
IPv4 address is basically 32-bit numbers which are shown in dotted decimal notation. This 32-bit address consists of two primary parts, one is the network prefix, and the other is the host number. Each host within a single network shares the same network address. Also, every host has an address that uniquely identifies it.
An example of an IPv4 address: “188.8.131.52”
How does an IPv6 address look like?
It is displayed as eight groups of four hexadecimal digits where each group represents 16 bits. The groups are separated by colons (:)
An example of an IPv6 address: “2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334.”
How to Change Your Public IP address?
Now that you know what an IP address is, let’s discuss how to change it:
- Signup for a VPN provider of your choice (My recommendation is ExpressVPN).
- Download the VPN app on your preferred device.
- Install the VPN app
- Open it and select a country and server of your choice.
- Connect to the new server which will change the current IP address.
How to Change a VPN in Windows 10?
Changing VPN in windows is very easy. Follow these steps:
- Click the windows start button and type settings in the search. The settings menu will open,
- You will find a VPN tab on the left of the Network and Internet menu. Click it.
- Click on “Add a VPN connection”.
- Choose Windows built-in option under “VPN provider”.
- Choose any name under the option of “Connection Name”. For example – My VPN.
- Type the “Server name and address”. This information can be obtained from your VPN provider.
- Choose a “VPN type”. You will have multiple options to choose from but set it to automatic or ask your VPN provider what type of connection they use.
- Choose the “Type of sign-in info” based on your own preference.
- Now set the user name and password if you want to (optional).
- Click “save”. It will now take you back to the VPN menu under Network and settings menu.
- Finally, click and connect the VPN which you have just created.
Recommended VPNs When Switching to a Different VPN
VPN is the best tool to attain anonymity, however, not all of them offer the same level of performance. Considering that, you might want to change your VPN based on the following reasons:
- The capability of unblocking sites
Whenever anyone asks me which VPN service I should switch to, I recommend them ExpressVPN – Ranked#1.
Overall best VPN. Comes with 3000+ servers in 94 countries that offer powerful security and supports torrenting. Compatible with uTorrent and BitTorrent. Offers WireGuard®, IKEv2, OpenVPN, and Shadowsocks. Offers an efficient kill switch (Network Lock). Offers Lightway, OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec, IKEv2, PPTP, WireGuard, SSTP. One of the best VPNs for Nvidia Shield, iOS, Xbox One, Firestick, Mac, Android, etc. Costs just $6.67/mo and comes with a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee. Limited time offer: Get 3 months free subscription with its annual plan.
I have done extensive research and testing on reviewing VPN services based on seven factors. Here are some other best VPN services besides ExpressVPN:
- Ranked#2 – Surfshark – 9,689 reviews | TrustScore 4.3
- Ranked# 3 – NordVPN – 6,391 reviews | TrustScore 4.0
- Ranked# 4 – CyberGhost – 13,202 reviews | TrustScore 4.8
Leave a Reply