VPNs are a great tool when you want to remain anonymous. But sometimes, a VPN can create a hindrance in your daily activity. You may notice slow internet speeds or even no connectivity issues on your Windows computer.
If you’re experiencing issues with your VPN, you may want to disable or completely remove the service. Disabling a VPN on your PC is super easy. In today’s short guide, we’ll show you 2 easy methods to disable or remove a VPN from your Windows 10 computer.
In case you are thinking of changing your VPN service altogether due to any reasons, you can check out our detailed VPN reviews to find a reliable new VPN for your Windows 10 device.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started:
Method 1: Disable or Remove VPN on Windows 10
- Make sure you are not connected to a VPN. Close the app from the system tray located in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Now Open the Windows Settings app and click the “Network and Internet” button.
- You will find a VPN option on your left-hand menu. Click it to view its options.
- After clicking on the VPN option, select any VPN connection. In our case, as shown in the screenshot below, you either connect to a VPN if you’re not connected or you can disconnect a VPN connection and remove it.
That’s it. This is how easy it is to disable or remove a VPN connection on a Windows 10 computer.
Method 2: Alternative Way of Disabling or Removing a VPN on Windows 10
Another way to disable or remove VPN on Windows 10 is by accessing the adapter settings window. This method is also quite simple. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Launch the Control Panel App and click on “Network and Internet settings”.
- Now click on “view network and status tasks”.
- Next, you will find the option of “change adapter settings” on the left-hand menu. Click on it.
- Lastly, select the VPN connection you want to disable or remove. Right-click on it and choose an option as per your preference.
If you’ve already removed or disabled your active VPN connection and want to switch to another VPN service that’s reliable and highly recommended by us, we would suggest going with Surfshark. It is not only the most affordable VPN in the industry (81% off, $2.49/mo – 24 months plan), but it also offers unlimited multi-logins per account.