VPNs are a great tool when you want to remain anonymous. But sometimes a VPN can create hindrance in your daily activity such as slowing down the internet or you are not happy with the service and you may want to disable or completely remove the service.
In case you are thinking of changing your provider, then check out our VPN reviews to help you choose a new VPN for Windows 10.
Now, disabling a VPN on your PC is super easy. Follow the steps below to disable VPN on Windows.
- Make sure you are not connected to a VPN and close the app from the tray icon menu.
- Now Open the Windows Settings app and click the “Network and Internet” button.
- You will find a VPN button on your left-hand menu, click it.
- Lastly, select any VPN connection that you want to disable by disconnecting it or remove by deleting it.
Now, you are done by either disabling or removing a VPN on Windows 10!
Alternative Method for Disabling or Removing a VPN on Windows 10
Another way to disable or remove VPN on Windows 10 is by accessing the adapter settings window, follow these steps:
- Launch the Control Panel App and click on “Network and Internet settings”.
- Now click on “view network and status tasks”.
- Next, you will find the option of “change adapter settings” on the left-hand menu, click on it.
- Lastly, select the VPN connection you want to disable or remove, right-click on it to make your decision.